Hire Dynamics is currently assisting a local client in their search to fill an Equipment Technician job in Greenville, SC. This is a temporary opportunity. As an Equipment Technician, you will be responsible for the repair of and preventative maintenance on equipment in a fast-paced production environment. Apply Now if you meet the qualifications listed below!
Responsibilities for this Equipment Technician job include:
* Act as the "first responder" when equipment is down to correct any problems quickly using electrical and/or mechanical skills. Call upon and work with other team members to solve complex equipment problems as needed.
* Perform preventative maintenance per the defined instructions and specifications.
* Inspect operating machines and equipment regularly for conformance with operational and safety performance standards. Take corrective action or work with engineering as needed to resolve these problems.
* Review maintenance reports and equipment in operation and recommend maintenance improvements for productivity, safety, ergonomics or equipment life.
* Maintain plant safety standards. Lockout tag out procedures must be followed when servicing equipment. Repair of malfunctioning safety devices is a top priority.
* Work with engineering and factory maintenance to develop spare part inventory adequate to prevent excessive machine downtime waiting on replacement parts.
* Operate newly repaired machinery or equipment prior to release to verify the adequacy of repairs.
* Analyze test results, machine error messages, or information obtained from operators to diagnose equipment problems.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Technical AS Degree or HSD with 5 years’ experience in a related field.
* Verbal/communication: able to read and understand maintenance instructions and manuals.
* Technical skills:
* Aptitude for troubleshooting and the ability to obtain expertise in the production of electronic components across multiple work centers.
* Proven experience in maintenance and repair in industrial manufacturing, commercial maintenance & repair or military operations environment.
* Willing and able to train co-workers as needed.
* Ability to work on a team including operators, supervision, and engineering.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Willing and able to work with chemicals
* Willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs occasionally
* Position requires such mobility factors as standing, sitting, walking, stooping, reaching, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing, or a combination of approximately 90% of the work time.
* Must wear eye protection when operating powered hand tools; hearing protection when working on or near machinery or equipment where the noise level exceeds 85 dB; respirators as necessary, and other personal protective equipment as required.
* Ability to use word processing programs to write, or assist in writing, preventative maintenance documentation as needed
* Ability to research and source spare parts or tooling on the internet
* Ability to interact with vendors and engineers in sketching out and fabricating custom fixturing
Click on Apply Now to be considered for this Equipment Technician job in Greenville, SC or you can visit our website www.hiredynamics.com to search for other opportunities that are currently available.