Hire Dynamics is currently assisting a local client in their search to fill a Cost Accountant position in Monroe, NC. This is a Direct Hire opportunity. As a Cost Accountant, you will be responsible for ensuring proper valuation of inventory in accordance with IFRS, maintaining all fixed asset accounting and assisting with day-to-day activities, as well as month end financial reporting. Apply Now if you meet the qualifications listed below!
Responsibilities for this Cost Accountant position include:
* Update and maintain inventory valuations in accordance with IFRS, including an annual plant wide cost roll. Coordinate and conduct annual physical inventory
* Analyze budgets and daily forecast for the plant, providing professional and timely management reports on variances, trends and control standards and practices
* Update and maintain all aspects of fixed asset accounting, including preparation of journal entries to capitalize, dispose and record depreciation of fixed assets. Track Construction in Progress and monitor against approved capital spending
* Assist in providing financial analysis to support various departments and with the development of projects that improve productivity, cash flow and EBIT
* Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports including gross margin analysis, productivity analysis, daily shipments and orders
* BS in Accounting or Finance
* Three years’ experience a manufacturing environment, with an emphasis on cost accounting, reporting and variance analysis
* Strong Excel spreadsheet capabilities. Business Objects, HFM, FAS and JDE proficiency preferred
* Strong analytical skills with ability to focus on details, good organizational skills, excellent communication skills, ability to react well to time pressure, comfortable working in a plant environment and motivated to learn all aspects of the manufacturing environment
The starting salary for this position is $50k per year. Work hours are 8am-5pm Monday through Friday.
Click on Apply Now to be considered for this Cost Accountant job in Monroe or you can visit our website www.hiredynamics.com to search for other opportunities that are currently available.